Monday, December 1, 2008

Decorations

This weekend I watched my neighbors across the street put up the outdoor Christmas decorations ... YES ... I said CHRISTMAS! LOL Remember when we had CHRISTMAS Vacation? And EASTER Vacation? Yes ... Thanksgiving VACATION? Uh-huh! Now the day after Thanksgiving is called Family Day. OK OK ... I can live with that. ANYway ... back to the neighbors and kids who were talking about whether the lights look better all the same color or multi-colored. Remember the HUGE multi-colored bulbs we had? Still have them? No, of course not because they can't be replaced if they burn out (kinda like the TV's that won't work one of these days SOON). And what about all the holiday music ... dare I call it as we did ... CHRISTMAS music playing on the radio BEFORE the Thanksgiving and Family Day weekend ... I mean ... what's with THAT? Personally, I prefer to wait until the first weekend in December before starting all this Christmas hoopla and do you know why? (No "I don't care" comments please ... ha ha) Because IT'S THE WAY MY FAMILY DID IT! My point, you ask? The older I get, the more I treasure old family traditions. What about you? Stick to the old? Ever switched and made your own? Ever want to go back to the originals? Pondering ... hmmmmm!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Yo! I'm so sorry to hear about the Kitchen Cat, the famous Java Bean Galine. You know where I stand with cats but Java held a very special place in my heart. I love reading your blog and I tried posting a comment on the other one but couldn't get that figured out so I came to this one instead...love it>>>>options, even on a blog! Fun reading your postings and finding out about what you've been up to....Love ya Jo
    p.s.s....please give Lizzie a big kiss for me

    ReplyDelete