Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blogging and Texting

Yep ... LUV 'em both! As a matter of fact, now when I meet someone new, instead of asking the MAJOR screening question "Do you text?" ... I ask "Do you BLOG?" If not ... hit the curb baby! HA HA HA HA HA Seriously, try it ... you might like it! I realize I might not have hit the right topics yet, and unless I get some feedback on that ... you are at my mercy! The really KOOL thing about blogging is that it's a great space for exploration. It's easy to get on a roll .... just try it ... it's a you-might-like-it-kinda-thing.
Anyway, I did go out and have some fun tonight with a NEW friend. New friends are great for testing interviewing skills, aren't they? You know ... you gotta find out all the basic stuff to see if you have anything in common. Sometimes I hit it off with someone right away. Is that mental chemistry? Other times I struggle just to get a complete sentence out of the person, and I wonder: what's with THAT? For those of you who did not attend either of our last 2 reunions ... trust me when I say I think you would be surprised to know just how easy it is to talk with all of our alumni classmates at this stage of our lives. I am still in amazement about that aspect of our last weekend in particular. Maybe it is because we already know so much about what we all have in common that we didn't have to go through those interview questions so to speak. The familiarity aspect over-rode the time and distance aspects of our old friendships.
OH! Since I'm on the reunion again ... a BIG GIANT THANK YOU to Reece and Nadene for hosting our edibles at the cocktail party on Friday night at Stack. That's the night we went to SushiSamba for dinner. We were all so overwhelmed with the menu that the food server offered to put a menu together for us, and so we all agreed on that option. WOW! It was a terrific blend of Asian, Peruvian, and Brazilian food! My favorite was the sushi and edamame ... ummm good ... right, Jerry? LOL
How about the readers ... meat and potatoes or sushi and edamame?

No comments:

Post a Comment