Thursday, March 26, 2009

Seeking Fun

I am noticing that even though the most popular restaurants in town seem to be less frequented lately, the cocktail lounges and bars are still packed on weekends. Does this mean we are (nonetheless) trying to find fun and laughter amongst the economic woes of our lives these days? As for myself, on Friday night, I forget all my problems when I go to the cheers-type bar at the Grill where everybody knows my name and what I will drink. Sometimes my glass of wine is even waiting for me to arrive! Yes, my Grill friends take care of me. I don’t see them during the week. They are my Friday night buddies, and I like it that way. We don’t take anything too seriously at the end of the (traditional) work week, and if the conversation winds around to our finances and gets too depressing one of us is sure to say, “Let’s change the subject.” That person is usually me! After all, Friday night is the night to pretend we are all happy happy happy, right? Hey, guess what? Tomorrow is Friday! Hmmmm … what will I wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment