Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Renewed Friendship

I have had soooo much fun getting to know Jill McPhearson as an adult, and WOW is she ever a beautiful woman!  Yes, she and her husband have retired out west very close-by.  One of the many qualities about Jill that I adore is the one about how she really listens when I share my life experiences with her.  I know she listens because her responses are on the money.  And I know she cares because she usually makes an effort to offer me something worthwhile such as, "Bertha, maybe this is the year for you to change your holiday traditions" after patiently listening to me lament about how different things are for me during the holidays any more, and how I can't wait for December 26th to arrive!  
I recently received an email from Jill telling me we will grow old together. I realize she treasures me as well.  What about you readers?  Do you have friendships like this as well?  Please share so we can all learn from each other.

1 comment:

  1. Friendship is a two-way street and this is a road that I happily travel. You have listened patiently and with compassion to what life has dealt me and your positive outlook, humor and sound advice has inspired me. Thank you for your kind words, and yes, we will grow old together! ~Jill

    “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words”.

    ReplyDelete